When I tell people that I am a professional organizer specializing in helping businesses, families, and individuals organize their papers, I first get a lot of blank stares. That’s okay because the next thing I tell them is that paper organizing is different than organizing your house. I’m no Marie Kondo and I don’t organize their homes but I can help them get their papers organized and set up a system to keep it that way.
As a professional Paper Organizer here are the answers to the 5 most frequently asked questions I get about it:
- If I hire you to organize my papers how do I know my information will be safe and kept confidential? ANSWER: I am bonded and am also HIPAA certified that means I have completed a course to understand what is confidential. I am sworn to keep it confidential or I could lose my certification.
- What types of papers do you organize? ANSWER: Everything! I’ve been trained to organize everything – from monthly bills to tax information to estate papers. I also organize boxes of papers and filing cabinets. I know how long you have to keep various types of papers and what needs to be shredded or can just be trashed.
- Once you organize my papers, then what? Will I need to hire you back in six months? ANSWER: That’s entirely up to you. I can organize all your papers and set up a system for you to keep it that way. But if you don’t want to be bothered, you can hire me to come back to do updates. Your call.
- How much will it cost to get all my papers organized and a system set up? ANSWER: I charge by the hour and will be happy to give you an estimate. Keep in mind, decluttering the paper is the easy part; setting up a system that you can manage takes a little more time. I will keep you in the loop as the job progresses and if I think it will take more time than we originally planned once I get into it I’ll give you a revised estimate.
- Do you just work with individuals and families or do you work with businesses also? ANSWER: I have years of experience organizing paper for both businesses and individuals so I can work with anyone. I worked with one business one day a week for about 10 weeks. They had 30 old filing cabinets with papers from the 1960’s forward and had over 10 pallets of boxes that I went through also. We ended up with 10 filing cabinets with a retention schedule for them to follow so that the oldest could be shredded at the beginning of each new year.
So, there are the answers to the 5 most frequently asked questions that I get about professional paper organizing. If you have any others, please feel free to add them in the comments below the post and I’ll get back to you. If you would like to get an estimate from me for your home or business just complete the form here: https://cherylosler.com/contact-cheryl/
To help you decide if you need a paper organizer you can read this post: https://cherylosler.com/9-signs-you-need-help-with-paper-organization/
And if you want more tips you can subscribe to my blog on the form below and you can join our private Facebook group here where we share more tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/uplevelorganizing/